The Natural Choice For Pregnancy!
A woman's body is made to experience pregnancy naturally. Pregnancy a beautiful time in a woman's life and we want you to enjoy the process in the way nature intended. Doctors of Chiropractic work with the body's ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to and chiropractic care during pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function for both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth.
What controls our body's ability to function naturally? Our brain and nervous system control the function of every cell, tissue, and organ of our bodies (and the body of the unborn child), it is vitally important for our nervous systems to operate at 100% for optimal health. Our spine protects our spinal cord and when a spinal bone shifts out of normal alignment it may produce abnormal motion, stress and damaging pressure on spinal nerves. This condition is known as vertebral subluxation and if present, it interrupts vital nerve flow within our bodies and to our developing baby.
Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Many pregnant patients often report shorter, more pleasant deliveries when they receive chiropractic care.
Chiropractic care corrects subluxations, opening up nerve pathways and decreasing stress on our body and on our unborn baby. The dynamics of the spine and pelvis change dramatically as the baby continues to develop impacting our spine and nervous system. When a woman is pregnant, her growing uterus produces a shift in her center of gravity. Realignment of the spine and pelvis can be achieved through chiropractic care, including the Webster Technique. The Webster Technique is a safe and effective specific chiropractic adjustment for pregnant mothers, designed to relieve the causes of intrauterine constraint, helping to convert breech presentation to cephalic presentation prior to deliver. Studies have shown that this approach during pregnancy helps alleviate common discomforts (such as back pain, sciatica, headaches, nausea/vomiting and carpal tunnel syndrome), decreases pain during labor and delivery and reduces average labor time. Other benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy include reduced cesarean rate, less labor intervention, and a sense of well being. As you can see the benefits to chiropractic care can have a significant effect on your pregnancy experience.
Benefits of chiropractic care for the pregnant mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
- Relieves back and neck discomfort/pain during pregnancy by eliminating stresses in the spine and restoring balance to the pelvis.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus thus reducing torsion (intrauterine constraint) to the women's uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother's vital nerve system which controls and coordinates all of her systems and functions.
- Allows for a safer, easier labor and delivery for the mother and child.
- Decreases the need for medical intervention during childbirth.
- Reduces the length of labor.
Benefits of chiropractic care for the unborn child:
- Removes interference to the mother's nerve system allowing for unobstructed development of the baby.
- Removes intrauterine constraint, allowing the baby the room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia (difficult labor) and the resulting potential birth trauma caused by emergency intervention.
Parents who understand the importance chiropractic care and its significance on overall health and well-being insist on bringing in their whole family for care. Call 925-829-8484 for your complimentary consultation and to find out how to optimize your body's natural healing potential!